Pa...Thetic!

Well, I've had the new sewing machine for a solid week, but haven't sewn a single stitch!

Seems like sometimes life just intervenes and keeps us from our passion, doesn't it? I HAVE read the entire manual, and today I did set the machine up on my dining room table and prepared to wind my first bobbin. That's when I realized that I have not a single spool of thread here...they're all still in California. So, tomorrow I'll be off to the LQS to stock up on thread, and hopefully will make a first attempt with the new Bernina.

I've ordered a sewing cabinet and cutting table that should be here in a week or so, and then I can get serious about setting up my sewing room.

And, of course, Wednesday is pick-up day for the cats, at last...need to save lots of time for cuddling and cooing with them! I'll post a pic once they're settled in their chook house (chicken coop, for those in the U.S.)! This will be their home until we're sure they know that this is where they live...finally!

Meantime, a good friend from California will be here Saturday and we're throwing a party for him, so my attention will be elsewhere for the next couple of days as I pull things together. I'm pretty savvy about the local shops at this point, but special food for parties may be a bit more of a challenge, and the oven here is still rather a mystery to me...but DH will barbecue, which will help.

Hope to have Quilty News soon...

Comments

Tonya Ricucci said…
Good news that the kitty prison break is coming up soon. i can't say anything about sewing - I haven't done any myself, despite dragging the machine all the way over here.
Sweet P said…
Woohoo on the kitties getting out. Too bad you haven't been able to use your new machine yet. How silly of you to forget to pack thread! Have fun at your party this weekend.
Libby said…
I bet you are counting the minutes until you get your kitties -- the test drive on the Bernina will help pass the last long moments til the homecoming.
Anonymous said…
Now, don't forget to butter the kitty's paws, ok? I don't know if it's only an Aussie thing, but it works: my family has always done this when we've moved our cats and never lost one. Just smear the butter on their paws...I was told that the butter intensifies the scent from the cat's paws as they walk around their new enviroment it smells like home sooner, so they're more comfortable. Could all be superstition but hey, it won't hurt!
Jenni said…
Good to hear you are picking up the local lingo. I've been looking forward to seeing how your machine goes - I badly want one, but it's a toss up between that and a small boat. What to do?

Popular posts from this blog

Lady of the Lake

More Antique Quilt Tops

Leavin', on a Jet Pla...Jet Pla...Jet Pla...