Back to Biz...

Well, I guess it's back to biz as usual tomorrow...I finished a few more blocks for Clare's Leukaemia Project and am ready to mail them off. It was really fun working with the red and white, I must say. I discovered that I had left nearly all the white fabric in California, so my choices for white were a bit limited, but I had lots of reds. Do you like my wonky heart block on the lower left? I paper pieced it, just messing around to see what I could come up with. It could definitely be improved if I'd planned ahead a bit better, but I decided not to obsess too much.
With family lunch in the middle of the day, I was lucky to finish these up. Company coming tomorrow, so I won't be back at the pink and blues until Tuesday.

Were off to the States on Jan. 23, so I'd like to get as much done as possible before we leave. I know I'm going to be doing a lot of fabric shopping while I'm there...I'm planning to take an empty suitcase! Of course, none of you would EVER do such a thing, I'm sure...

Comments

Sweet P said…
Those are great red and white blocks - I know I said that for your previous post. But, they are great!

So you're coming back to the states. How long are you going to be here? I hope your suitcase is plenty big!
Libby said…
Hope you find all the right things to take back in your suitcase *s* Have a great trip.
I love the red and white blocks!! I think they are turing out so good cause of your new machine...or maybe it's just that I am so jealous that you have one that I am going to like anything you sew!! heehee Have a wonderful day and happy "blog delurking week".
dawn
Clare said…
They are gorgeous! Just wait to receive them - am busy piecing quilts together like crazy!

Many many thanks.
Lily Mulholland said…
Those blocks are fantastic Dianne! Yes, do buy up big - we just do not have the range or the prices here!

Popular posts from this blog

Lady of the Lake

Leavin', on a Jet Pla...Jet Pla...Jet Pla...

More Antique Quilt Tops