California Interlude

Fortunately, the rest of our sojourn has been less eventful than the trip from LA to Detroit. We made the jaunt to Houston with no trouble, and I did serious damage to the credit card at the Galleria. My postage bill to Australia is going to be heinous! Then on to San Angelo to visit with lovely friends there, who took us to Mr. Boots:

No trip to Texas would be complete without a pair of Tony Lama cowboy boots, would it? They are really fun, but I think I'll need to spend some time walking around the house in them...those odd heels will take some getting used to.

So now we're back in Oakland, where DH has a bit more work to do and we have lots of visiting scheduled. I know the time will fly by, but I'm going to try to meet up with Christine for a visit to ThimbleCreek in Walnut Creek. Aside from some time spent fiddling with EQ6 I have had zero chance to think about quilting, so this will top me up a bit.

Then a visit this weekend to Pioneer, in the Sierra Foothills, to see my friend and shopping buddy, Liza. Time will be too short for us to get into too much trouble, but we will likely make a little trip to Wal-Mart, pretty much the only shopping option in those parts.

Back here on Sunday evening, and then only a few days remain till we hit the skies again. I hear it's warm, warm, warm in Exeter. Hope the kitties are still speaking to us!

Comments

Glad you did have a good time. Your ride home was a good one and that makes you 3 for 6? or is it 4 for 6? Still not bad odds.
Oh love those boots! Have a good time, quilting will always be there when you get time!
Rian said…
Shit Howdy, them are some fiiiiine boots!
I'm glad you posted a link to Thimble Creek (which in no longer in Walnut Creek). I was surprised. I printed out the map for the new location in Concord.
Are you going to wear your boots next week?
Sweet P said…
Those are great looking boots. I don't think I'd ever wear them, but I can see you traipsing around your ranch in Australia in them. I hope you enjoy the rest of your visit.
Lily Mulholland said…
Wow Diane let's hope the eventful stuff in your trip is over!

Them boots are made for walkin!
McIrish Annie said…
Me- sooo jealous!! love Houston and would love to be traveling with you. Glad things have evened out! Enjoy the rest of your trip!
Libby said…
Sounds like you are have a great time. Love the boots *s*
Lucy said…
OOOhhh What a boots.. I have so much regret that I didn't bought them when I was in america !! Enjoy every stepp you make with these boots :-))
Anonymous said…
I DREAM of going back to the Galleria! You lucky duckling!

Popular posts from this blog

Lady of the Lake

More Antique Quilt Tops

Leavin', on a Jet Pla...Jet Pla...Jet Pla...