Surfacing...With Pics!

At last, at last, at last, the piecing for this quilt is finished! The center section is sewn together and ready to be layered and quilted. There are two side sections that are not sewn together yet, two and a half blocks wide, and a one and a half block section across the top that needs sewing together. Then I'll quilt those other three sections and join the bugger together! I'm loving how it looks...it DOES look like the antique one that I'm copying. But boy will I be glad to abandon pink blue and cream for awhile!

And here's the red and black poncho I took apart once and remade. I like how it turned out...remember the 60s when we all wore these things? Just goes to show...never throw ANYTHING away!







And I also made this little furry scarf for winter. The second pic shows its odd construction, like a huge letter H with very long arms. You tie each set of ties separately. I think it turned out cute. This is an all nylon yarn, nothing fancy, but I think it will be fun to wear this winter.


So, that's what I've been up to lately.

Comments

Dorothy said…
I love your quilt! And that poncho, wow, flashback. I had a blue and black plaid one with black pompom fringe that I wore EVERYWEAR. I like your scarf too, is it your own pattern? Do you knit two of the arms separately, then the wide piece, then the other two arms? It's really cool, I'll bet it keeps your neck cozy. Come to Vermont, you could wear it right now! (-18* tonight)
Mary Johnson said…
The quilt looks wonderful! And I can't believe that you got that poncho redone so quickly. I started a sweater for Chesty on my last trip to my Mom's but haven't touched it since I got home.
Wow you've been busy! But I LOVE your quilt! It is wonderful!
Lily Mulholland said…
Congrats on getting your top pieced! I think doing the sides and tops separately is a very good idea!

And well done on your poncho and scarf projects - it will get cold soon!
Clare said…
Whose been busy then. I know what you mean about getting fed up with the colours. I am sick to death of yellow orange red and pink! Love the poncho and the scarf. Funny to think that as you are going into winter we shall be getting warmer.
Rian said…
Cool scarf! I love the quilt and know what you mean about not wanting to look at those colors for a while. But it tuned out beautifully. Love the poncho, too! I need to learn to knit. Yeah, and then find the time to do it.
Libby said…
Oh how I longed to have a poncho in the 60's - I think my mom was afraid I would turn into a hippie or something. Jeez, I was only 9 *s*
Love that poncho, and the gorgeous quilt. Hope you know what time it is there now, soon it will be daylight savings and you will be confused all over again! Cheers, Tracey
Sweet P said…
I love the quilt. I can understand how you would be ready to move onto some other colors.

The scarf is an interesting shape. I hope it keeps you warm this winter. You'll definitely be fashionable.
Sassenach said…
Very impressive work on the quilt clone!
Anonymous said…
I love them all but am facinated by the scarf. what pattern did you use and how do you wear it???
Anonymous said…
Oh Dianne I love the scarf. Last year my daughter-in-law crocheted two ponchos for me and I just love them. You are one talented cousin,
Marilyn

Popular posts from this blog

In Memoriam

Lady of the Lake

First Post From Australia!