Are We There Yet?

I'm seeing lines, lines, lines in front of my eyes! Will this blasted quilt NEVER end? I tell you, a king-size quilt that's quilted with straight lines on the diagonal every inch and a half in both directions, requires a LOT of lines! I'm working several hours each day on it, and it never seems to get any closer to being finished. I'd hoped to have it quilted before we leave for California on Sunday, and in a fit of optimism took an hour or so yesterday to cut the binding, stitch the WOF pieces together on the bias, and iron the whole binding in half, ready for sewing onto the quilt...NOT!

Sigh. In between times, I rest my back and shoulders by knitting on some socks. Finished the Jaywalkers, which I love, and started another pair. Loved the yarn, hated the fit of the finished first sock, so this morning I frogged it and started over. Hope the airlines will let me take my bamboo dpn's onboard. That would be a good 13 hours of solid knitting on the flight to SFO. I hear from the local knitters that no flights leaving Australia will allow knitting needles of any kind, so I may be knitless...to go along with my being witless from quilting all those lines!

Anyhoo, I'll be reading your posts for inspiration while we're away (only two and a bit weeks), but don't know how faithful I'll be at posting myself.

Later...

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sounds like the trip will be a welcome relief. Have fun, and maybe on your return you will feel re-energized for finishing the blasted thing!
Anonymous said…
Oooh, have a great trip Diane. Wish it was me!
QuiltingFitzy said…
I've always carried my bamboo dpn here and there on the airplane. Not international tho, please check before you loose them. Or make a self-posted envelope out to mail them back home just in case!
Mary Johnson said…
Don't you hate those quilts that take forever - I know it will be all worth it when you're done!
Lily Mulholland said…
Enjoy your trip Diane, and I hope you get to the end of your quilt soon!
Judy said…
Lily told me you were having the same issues I am currently having so I stopped by to see and YES! you are!! I also did my lines 1.5" apart and I wish I hade done them right over my applique. Skipping all the applique..the starts and stops has driven me nuts! I am not going back on the second pass. I finally finished making one set of lines and that's it. I'm doing the fun free motion now and loving it.

I sympathise with you. I would work for hours only to realize that I got 4 lines done!! Hope you finish soon!
Jenni said…
That is exactly the reason I don't want to quilt any more big quilts on my machine. My back kills me at the best of times, not to mention the mental frustration! You could put your dpns in your bag, and they won't show up on the Xray. Then if you get asked on the plane you could very confidently say "oh they let them on because they are only soft bamboo". A bit risky - you could start an International Incident!
Sassenach said…
My neck is knotted up just reading your post!
Libby said…
Those lines really are killers - I'm sure you'll make your goal in plenty of time.

Popular posts from this blog

Lady of the Lake

More Antique Quilt Tops

Leavin', on a Jet Pla...Jet Pla...Jet Pla...