Actually, I've made even more progress since this pic. I've added another set of 20 rows or so, and have started a lace pattern...the last section before I add the sideways garter stitch border. It's slow going at this point, with 576 stitches on the needle, and it's murder on my hands and arms! Each round takes me about 20 minutes or so, so this will take awhile. Still, it's fun to see the progress. Can't wait to get it off the needles and see what it looks like blocked. And there's big progress at the farm, too. They finished digging the huge hole this morning for the 110,000 litre in-ground water storage tank. We are on town water here, but given how dry many areas of Australia are, we thought it would be prudent to collect all the rainwater from our roofs and channel it into this tank. We can use the water for the house, the garden, and for topping up the dam that's closest to our house. Here's the last scoop of dirt before the guys started forming up the tank:
And here comes the first huge piece of formwork for the tank:
And then they started putting these pieces together, so the concrete can be poured...hopefully tomorrow!
And at the front of the house, the renderer is busily covering the bricks with plaster...can't wait to see all those bricks disappear...not a fan of brick! Notice Alfonse le Soot, hanging around to watch the action...
Inside the house, the wallboard is all on, ditto the cornices. The tile guy will be tiling the bathroom floors, showers and the verandah you see in the pic above next week. Carcasses of kitchen cabinets have been delivered to the garage, the doors are being painted, and hopefully the cabinets will be installed in the actual kitchen by the end of this month. Then it will be time for painting...still choosing colors.
So all in all, we're creeping up on the hoped-for move date of mid-April. Fingers crossed!