At Last, Some Quilty Content...

But first, before we get to the quilting news of the day, here's the Pink Misti Alpaca Shawl finished. Not blocked yet, but I need to work out something to use as blocking wires first. It's pretty big, even unblocked: 19" x 65", and it's supposed to be about 22 x 78 when blocked. We'll see about that. I'm worried about getting all those points going in the right direction, but I'm thrilled it's finished and beautiful. And now...without further ado...quilt news! I hauled out all the tubs and started ratting through, looking for pretty, "girly" colors. It's shocking to me how many different fabrics I have...no trouble at all in coming up with several pinks in pale, medium and dark...or blue, or green, or orange, or turquoise...seem to be a bit low on yellows.
And cutting things up is always fun. DH always wonders why we buy big pieces of fabric, cut them up and then sew them back together...doesn't make sense to him. Men!


And the block I've chosen is Pale Star, with the blocks finishing at 6". I think I'll do a diagonal setting with sashing, but haven't finalized colors/widths yet. There will be an outer border that may or may not be diagonal stripes or piano keys.

So, I'm back in the game, I think. I felt so awkward as I started out, and had trouble getting precision for my HSTs, but I think I'm getting my quilting mojo back now.
I'd LOVE to use up a bit of my stash this year. Can't really justify buying new fabric when there's so much that's been hanging around for a few years. Of course, I'm sure none of you has ever encountered this situation...



Comments

Clare said…
At last! See I knew you'd come back to us in the end.

Great fabrics.
Geek Knitter said…
For blocking wires, see if there's a welding supply in your area. Get very thin TIG welding rods, the steel ones, and some very fine grit sandpaper. Give 'em a good wash to get any oil off and sandpaper any rough edges smooth. Et voilĂ , blocking wires!
Anonymous said…
Wahoo - back to quilting - Isn't it fun to pull out the fabric stash and play?
Very pretty girly stars!
Lily Mulholland said…
Who's the quilt going to be for? Some lovely colours in there :)
I think I was with you when you bought some of that fabric.
Carol said…
The shawl is magnificent, you must be so proud. Heck, and I thought I had a lot of fabric. I bow to you! LOL
OOOO, it is absolutely beautiful! WOW!
Anonymous said…
can u leave ur phone number to me???

Popular posts from this blog

In Memoriam

The Top is Finished, With Wishes!

Lady of the Lake