A Little Rethink, and Some Good Progress

So, as you can see, I made a little change...decided to make more stars and leave out the plain blocks between. I've not got 32 blocks, enough for the design I want to do. This doesn't show the sashing and cornerstones, because I haven't decided on what fabrics to use yet, but it feels good to have the pieced blocks finished. And I made a tiny start on Tonya's words...actually, I decided to wing it first, so I could learn about the issues on my own. This little "LOVE" is my first attempt, and it's pretty poor, but now I have enough confidence to print out Tonya's instructions and make a real start.
Here are the ten wishes I'm thinking of putting in the borders of this quilt, which would then be called Ten Wishes for Tessabell: love, joy, peace, hope, kindness, humor, grace, spirit, patience, grit. I'm nearly in a faint, just thinking about actually making all these words, though -- anyone got better suggestions (for SHORTER wishes!)?
This picture shows the blocks a little closer, but leaves out the blue ones, which will probably be cornerstones for the border. As you can see, I'm trying to group the pink and blue blocks in the center, with little satellites of orange, yellow, green and turquoise at the four corners. Sure looks busy at the moment, though. I'm hoping the sashing and cornerstones will tone things down a little bit.
So, what's your take on where I am with it now? Any suggestions? Toss it all in the bin and start over? Yikes!

Comments

Patti said…
It's bright and busy but nevertheless absolutely wonderful. I wouldn't change a thing!
The Calico Cat said…
No suggestions, but I love what I see!
Anonymous said…
Don't change a thing!
Anonymous said…
Go clever girl....go
Anonymous said…
how can you write a so cool blog,i am watting your new post in the future!

Popular posts from this blog

In Memoriam

The Top is Finished, With Wishes!

Settling In...Can Quilting Be Far Behind?