Oooooo, Sashing! And Cornerstones!

I've chosen the pale pink dots for the sashing, and I'm liking it a lot. Also a mottled raspberry pink for the cornerstones...I'm hoping the regularity of the sashing and cornerstones will tone down the multiple colors a bit. Here's how it's looking, laying on the floor in the quilting studio. Now for the fun of sewing all those bits on, and then trying to choose setting triangles. Can you tell I'm avoiding the stress of piecing the wishes? Actually, I've printed off Tonya's tutorials and am reading them again. More on that front soon. In fact, I'm not going to post any more pics of this quilt until I'm ready to start on the wishes. Feeling the need for something simple, I decided to start a pair of socks that I can wear with sandals. (Rumor has it that warm weather will arrive here soon...I'll believe it when I see it!) These are Grumperina's Jaywalker pattern, which I love a lot. I've already made two regular pairs of Jaywalkers, and decided to use the same pattern for these little angle-high numbers. Also decided on an Eye of Partridge heel, one of my favorites. Yarn is Crystal Palace Panda Silk, which is a blend of bamboo, merino and silk...really silky and soft. Needles are 2.25 mm, my usual.
And lest you think I'm a fickle person with a bad case of start-itis, I finished the Gentleman's Socks from Nancy Bush's Knitting Vintage Socks, and they turned out great. DH loves them...soft, stretchy and comfy.
Thanksgiving approaches, and I'm feeling deprived. Aussies don't celebrate Thanksgiving, of course, and DH doesn't like turkey. What's a poor little California Girl to do? Maybe it's time to take myself off to the pub for a nice turkey sandwich!




Comments

Libby said…
Looks like you have some great projects going. I do hope you are able to find just a little piece of Thanksgiving somewhere in Oz *s*
Anonymous said…
The sashing is inspired. I can't wait to see the finished product--what a unique gift for that little one. I'm also personally delighted to see you back at the Bernina, though I appreciate your magic knitting needles too.
Anonymous said…
How about making a pumpkin pie.
Have just read on a USA blog of a standing rib roast as someone does not like turkey. I would be there in a flash. Adore a standing rib roast and am sure I could manage something with sweet potatoes.
Shame you do not live closer.....I would join you in a mock thanksgiving meal. Some of the food sounds lovely. I would probably extend to a turkey roll and a baked ham........ohhhh...the thought of it.
mike macgirvin said…
Just stumbled in via the expat-blog and having a look around. Happy belated Turkey Day. My name's Mike and I'm originally from Silicon Valley (CA) and moved to the Southern Highlands a year or two ago (and brought 4 cats, 2 dogs, and a horse).

I'm at macgirvin.com

I'm not much into quilting, but couldn't pass up a chance to say 'howdy' to a fellow countryperson.

Cheers
- mike
Carol said…
So impressed with the knitting two at once, you'll never hit second sock syndrome at that rate. Love the colours.
Anonymous said…
where you come from!

Popular posts from this blog

In Memoriam

The Top is Finished, With Wishes!

Lady of the Lake