Tuesday, May 13, 2008
And this is from the kitchen, looking toward the view end of the living room.
Once I can find places to put everything I'll post again...I KNOW you want to see my new quilting studio! Till then, I'll be reading and posting sporadically because Telstra still hasn't managed to get our phone lines/internet in yet...
Sunday, May 04, 2008
Wish the other side of the house looked this good! Still, someday it will be finished and we will actually live there again! This has NOT been an experience I would wish to repeat, though. It's our third building project, and believe me, if this had been the first, there would NEVER have been a second! Can you spell High Blood Pressure? How about Stress? Or even Depression?! Nearly there, though...
So, on to my 7 random facts:
1. Although I am now 67 years old, I still have one baby tooth in my mouth.
2. I love, love, love salty snacks...I'd rather have crispy bacon than Godiva chocolates.
3. Once upon a time, I broke my neck in Winnemucca. Doesn't that sound like a song lyric? (think "I left my heart in San Francisco") I was on tour with my ballet company, had to do a somersault on stage and snapped the spur of C-7 vertebra...ouch!
4. I was a cheerleader in high school, before I realized it was going to interfere with my ballet training.
5. I am a movie freak, and love to watch on my laptop in bed...I use the Aussie version of Netflix to feed my addiction.
6. But I refuse to see any movie directed by Quentin Tarantino...I think these gross-out, over-the-top, gory movies are a pimple on the nose of society.
7. I am a confirmed AAP: Applique Averse Person. I'd rather have my fingernails torn out!
And in other news, I'm still not quilting, (not having a quilting space yet), but here's my latest knit project:
Can't believe I figured it all out and it actually fits! This is Elizabeth Zimmermann's Circular Yoke sweater, knit in the round, and I used a number of motifs from several of her books. Not too shabby, eh?
And I've joined both a knitting group and a quilting group, which -- wait for it -- meet on the same day. Not sure how I'm going to manage THAT feat!