A Post, But No Pics

Thought I'd check in, anyway. Guess who forgot to bring the camera to California. Grrrrr! Fortunately, DH will fly up tomorrow, and he's bringing it along, so I may have things to show soon.

Having a great time just lounging around the condo, taking naps, going for walks, EATING OUT! And I've had a chance to see the grandsons three times...they are leaving for India with their mom tomorrow for three weeks' holiday (DS is staying home to take care of their kitties and keep the home fires burning), so I was lucky to have the time with them. We made bread together the other day -- the No Knead Bread recipe that's been all around Blogland lately. Have you tried it yet? Absolutely wonderful. In fact, since I learned to do it in mid-December, I haven't bought a single loaf of bread.

And I've been shopping, of course. What have I bought, you ask? Well, my Yubina Cashmere Lace yarn in a silvery pale blue arrived and it's gorgeous, as well as the Cashmere-Silk lace yarn in orchid...ditto. I'll post a pic and link once my camera is here. Also bought some gorgeous new sock yarn called Mini Mochi and have started some socks. Plus some lovely DK weight brown yarn for a hat for a friend. Also, the yarn I ordered from Oz was delivered to me here: 7 skeins of gorgeous Beaverslide worsted in Dusty Clover and 7 skeins of Peace Fleece in Volgasippi Blue... wonderful! Also did a little damage in the clothing department: a couple of pretty outfits at Chico's, and some elbow-length, v-neck t-shirts is black, white, turquoise and lime (gotta cover up those chicken-wing upper arms these days...LOL).

I mailed off the 10 Wishes quilt to its recipient and it was received this week...everyone loved it. In fact, Katie, for whom I'm making the big girl quilt right now (see previous blogpost for a pic of the string quilt in progress), loved her sister's quilt a lot. She had the following to say about the pieced "wishes" in the border: "Mom, Tessabell can't even read...maybe I should take THIS quilt instead" and "Really, this quilt is too big for Tess, who is so little, but it would be a good size for me." I take that to mean the quilt was a hit. And of course I now MUST add some words to the border for Katie's quilt, too. Thinking about themes or phrases that might be appropriate...and still searching for the perfect sashing and border fabric, but no luck so far.

Meanwhile, back in Oz, the temperatures soared and soared and have stayed up...really dreadfully hot and unpleasant for everyone, even in the Southern Highlands, which is not usually so affected for so long. Poor old kitties, locked in their kitty condos for the next three plus weeks. Fortunately the catsitter will come every day to be sure their water is topped up, their litter boxes are clean and they have their favorite food to eat. Supposed to cool off and even have some rain next week...I'll be hoping that's so. And the poor old horses, too...Nadia is in her late 20's and has been falling off quite a bit lately, so we worry about her. Our neighbor is giving her a special daily feed of "seniors" feed, with vitamins and molasses and other good things, but I think she will really feel the heat. Tyler is only just older than 20 and in much better health and strength, so I don't worry quite so much about him...

Comments

Tonya Ricucci said…
that's so sweet that Katie loves her sister's quilt. Now the pressure is on to make one for her that she loves too. Not that you need to feel pressured. poor kitties - who needs heat like that.
Hmmm, no kneed bread huh? I'm going to have to search for that! Nothing like homemade bread!

Popular posts from this blog

In Memoriam

Lady of the Lake

First Post From Australia!