All Knitting, No Quilting...BAD Quilter!

For some reason, I've been feeling like knitting instead of working on "the" quilt, so I thought I'd share the most recent FO: This is Hypoteneuse (Rav Link), by Anne Hanson of Knitspot. It's really large, and very drapey and soft. Knitted with KnitPicks Swish DK, a really lovely, soft, altogether wonderful yarn. The pic below shows how long it is...it was windy today (surprise, surprise!) and you can see it flipping around in the breeze.
And I realized I never posted a pic of the pink alpaca shawl (also Rav link) in its full glory, so here it is. You may remember the disaster of the big hole that appeared in one corner as I was blocking it. Fortunately, I don't think it's too noticeable, but just to be sure, that corner is at the BACK in this pic.
And the obligatory close-up, to show off all the lacy detail. The yarn is Misti Alpaca Laceweight, and it's light as a cloud. Still provides a bit of warmth on cool evenings, though, because it's alpaca.
I've also begun work on another shawl, Adamas, (another Ravelry link) using that glorious KnitPicks Shimmer (alpaca and silk laceweight) in the color Cumulus (a pale, shaded taupe), but no pics yet. Right now it's just a puddle of loops on the needles.
One of these days I need to get back into the quilting studio, but that means back to cutting a zillion small squares for the sashing, and I just don't feel like cutting fabric at the moment.
We leave for California on Easter Sunday, for a couple of weeks, so I may postpone the cutting till we're back...on the other hand, think how happy I'd be to return home to a nice pile of neatly cut squares, just waiting to be stitched into star points on the sashing pieces...hmmmm, wonder how I'll resolve this...



Comments

Bells said…
so lovely! You're quite the machine aren't you?

Gorgeous work. Must get to work and have a finished shawl so I can enjoy it like you are yours.

Adamas is great. I really loved it.
they are all wonderful but I especially like the gray one - beautiful.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/
Carol said…
Oh my Lord, that would have taken me a million years to finish. Gorgeous work.
pat said…
They are so different from each other and both so beautiful! The close up of the pink alpaca lace is just gorgeous (you look beautiful in all the pictures too!)
Clare said…
I love the grey one.

I think you should cut before you leave and then it's done!

Have fun in CA.
Oh those are gorgeous! I love that top one! Happy Easter!
Unknown said…
Wow, I have just spent about an hour reading some of your previous blogs!
Ok, you knit with a capitol "K" and then some. Beautiful work, absolutely delicate in some photos and I do seriously love your socks! Happy feet abound at your house....
Mary Johnson said…
I love all the shawls, I really need to knit more since I love shawls and scarves but while I think about it a lot, I usually end up quilting.

I'm so sorry to read about Spike, it must be esp. difficult since you're away.

Popular posts from this blog

In Memoriam

Lady of the Lake

First Post From Australia!