I'm MELTING......

It is so hot today, and humid, and enervating. At least the hot winds of earlier today are moderating a bit. Have I mentioned that I don't do well in the heat? So what am I doing? Baking a Nectarine Cobbler. Must be mad! But the nectarines are really delicious this year, and we're going to some friends' house for dinner and I volunteered to bring the pudding (that's Aussie-speak for dessert, dontcha know?), so voila! One Nectarine Cobbler coming up.

No progress on Hugo's Wheels today. It's paper-pieced with blocks from EQ6, and I just don't have the patience for all those fiddly bits and the attendant mess today. Did a little work on my Print O' The Waves shawl...I finished the first short side of the knitted-on border. Fun, but slow going.

Here are the first blocks I've completed for Hugo's Wheels. Actually there's one more, but I haven't photographed it yet. Here's the Sports Car...

and the Fire Truck... and the Double-Decker Bus...
and a Blue Sedan...
and the Ambulance (I love the ambulance!)...

Only six more blocks to go. The one that's finished but not photographed is a big semi-truck.
It'll be great to get this one wrapped up and delivered!

Comments

Clare said…
Dianne - these are marvellous.

We've got snow! Lots of it! Would do anything to swap for sun, but not the wind thank you.
floribunda said…
really cute blocks, Diane! I'm sure he'll love the quilt.
Anonymous said…
Love those blocks, esp. the ambulance. Glad you're back in quilting mode. Your knitting is divine, but I love your quilting too.

Nashville is 23 degrees BELOW normal. Please wrap and send sunshine & heat asap.

xoxo,
Jane Ann
Those blocks are so cute.
Oh those blocks may be futzy - but oh are they cute!
Mary Johnson said…
The blocks are cute but I'm not a fan of paper piecing.....unless someone else is doing it!

I wish I could send you some cooler weather, we have plenty of it here although today did warm up and we might have even gotten up to 20 degrees F.
Anonymous said…
oh what fun! Tht's going to be great!

I'm tempted by Print o the wave - should I be?
Libby said…
Darling blocks!

Maybe I could send you some snow *s*
Jodi said…
Love these vehicles. My boys would be in heaven with this one. Makes me want to quilt, but I'm far too tangled up in knitting just now. I'm so jealous of your talent in multiple mediums. HUGE Kudos to you!
Jenni said…
These blocks look like fun. I hope you are not too hot - I heard a man from the Weather Bureau say on TV last night that the temp had been 36 deg c in the middle of the night etc, then he said this period of "hottish weather" will be over soon. Hottish??
Janet said…
I really like your progress with Hugo's Wheels. The variety is great. Have fun creating more.

Popular posts from this blog

In Memoriam

Lady of the Lake

First Post From Australia!