Posting, Posting...Does Anybody Care?!!!

I think bloggers who don't post for ages are lame, and I plead guilty as charged.  It's been ages since I posted anything.  But!  Tonight's the night...

I've started a new quilt for little Rory, who lives in London and is about 1 year old.  Every little boy loves dinosaurs, right?  And when I found this amazing fabric at eQuilter, I decided it was just the thing for Rory's quilt.

So, I made a start, and here are the first two blocks:

And I got inspired, and made all the star points, put together the first 12 blocks, and have the remaining 8 laid out, ready to sew together:

And just to give you another little taste, here is a close-up of 6 of the blocks -- can you tell I LOVE these?


Still working out the setting, but I'm thinking a simple horizontal setting, with 2" sashing, maybe in a wild print, with a contrasting color for settings squares.  And then either a triple border using some of the star point fabric, or maybe I'll find another print I like.

So that's the news from me.  Is this the start of blogging for me again?  Not promising anything...

Comments

floribunda said…
it's very cute, Dianne -- I love your fabric choices for the star points!
floribunda said…
I'm leaving another comment to see if the blogger system is working better now!
Tonya Ricucci said…
perfect use of that fabric. love the dinostars. I can't say anything about bloggers who rarely blog... sometimes ya just gotta rest for awhile...

Popular posts from this blog

In Memoriam

The Top is Finished, With Wishes!

Settling In...Can Quilting Be Far Behind?