Ooops...Forgot A Couple

Senior moment...forgot to post pics of my two February Lady Sweaters, knitted as part of the KAL on Ravelry. First one was knit with Queensland Rustic in a taupe blend, on 4.5mm needles. Don't you love the coconut shell buttons that are assymetrical in shape? This is my current go-to sweater for running around in...three quarter sleeves, slightly flared shape, gull wing lace for sleeves and body...fun, fun, fun! So then, I thought "What if I made the same sweater, with long sleeves, using just a ribbed sleeve and body below the garter stitch yoke...and wonder if I could make a ruffled edge with a dark contrast." Remembering I had a ton of Snickerdoodle Wool of the Andes from my last Knitpicks buy, I decided to launch. Turned out cute, I think, and enough different from the other one so I won't get bored with it. Used 4.5s on this one, too. I do need to restitch the buttons...must have been tipsy when I sewed them on! They don't quite line up with their buttonholes. And forgive the wrinkles. Didn't fold this sweater up properly when I put it away last time.

These February Lady Sweaters are really fun to make...I think there's a fuschia one in my future!

Comments

Bells said…
They both loook fantastic. What a nice approach to take with the second one.

I'm falling more and more in love with this garment, everywhere I see it!
Anonymous said…
Those are two way-swell sweaters. I dig those brown ruffledoodlies (I don't know the proper name for 'em) on the ends of the sleeves and around the bottom.

I have sweater envy.
Libby said…
wow - you have been quite busy! Have a great trip . . . the weather here is wonderful right now *s*
Anonymous said…
So - are you in CA?? Beautiful sweaters and I love the pastel quilt too!
Lily Mulholland said…
I love the lemon one :)

Have a great trip!

Popular posts from this blog

In Memoriam

The Top is Finished, With Wishes!

Settling In...Can Quilting Be Far Behind?