It was a productive week, I'm happy to say! Realized at some point that there's no floor space that's safe to pin on and large enough for a queen-size quilt inside the house. So...a couple of days ago I set myself up in the garage after carefully sweeping up any dust and dirt. It was freezing out there! Worked out pretty well, though. Here's "Life is a Promise, Fulfill It", and all the layers stretched out and ready for pinning. Before I started the layering process, I decided to try to get one shot of the entire quilt top, for posterity. Not easy...had to perch on a ladder and it still isn't really satisfactory. I need a design wall! Back in the house, after all the hours of pinning, sore knees, sore fingers, but that quilt is all pinned together! Here's how I reworked the top border to balance Katie's name a bit. Y.esterday and today I cloistered myself in the sewing room and got the entire top quilted! Hooray! Also got the binding s...
It is so hot today, and humid, and enervating. At least the hot winds of earlier today are moderating a bit. Have I mentioned that I don't do well in the heat? So what am I doing? Baking a Nectarine Cobbler. Must be mad! But the nectarines are really delicious this year, and we're going to some friends' house for dinner and I volunteered to bring the pudding (that's Aussie-speak for dessert, dontcha know?), so voila! One Nectarine Cobbler coming up. No progress on Hugo's Wheels today. It's paper-pieced with blocks from EQ6, and I just don't have the patience for all those fiddly bits and the attendant mess today. Did a little work on my Print O' The Waves shawl...I finished the first short side of the knitted-on border. Fun, but slow going. Here are the first blocks I've completed for Hugo's Wheels. Actually there's one more, but I haven't photographed it yet. Here's the Sports Car... and the Fire Truck... and the Double-Dec...
We're in, at last! Gorgeous weather on Friday meant we could have a crew there bringing our stuff from the shed over to the house, even though the driveway (STILL!) isn't finished. Some guys wore shoes and schlepped through muck to bring stuff over, while others in socks delivered things to the appropriate rooms. In parallel, the carpet layers were putting carpet into the bedrooms, hallways and my quilting studio. What a performance! By late afternoon all was in, and we were exhausted. No pics yet of the lived-in house because it's all still too disorganized, but here's how it looked before we moved in...first up, the new kitchen: Here's me standing where the new barstools will go, once we find some tall enough. That end of the room will also have our dining table and chairs. And this is from the kitchen, looking toward the view end of the living room. Once I can find places to put everything I'll post again...I KNOW you want to see my new quilting stu...
Comments