O. Ver. Whelmed!

Well, I'm back from Stitches West, which was unbelievable. I think I wandered around in a daze for the best part of four hours, unable to focus on anything in particular. Feeling like a kid in a candy store, I just couldn't bring my mind to what I should buy...amazing! Eventually, I did find some gorgeous things. Here's Tactile Superwash Merino Sock Yarn in Aventurine:
And, feeling adventurous, I bought some Habu Wool Stainless Steel (75% wool, 25% stainless steel):
And a skein of Habu Superfine Merino:
My friend Margaret, in Oz, had contacted me this morning to see if I would bring her a couple of bits of Blue Faced Leicester so she could try spinning it. That helped focus my mind a bit, and Lynne (Yarnivorous) was a big help in keeping me on track to accomplish that goal. Thanks, Lynne!

Here's Lynne admiring some gorgeous yarn in just "her" colors:
And here's the BFL I chose for Margaret...first up, A Verb for Keeping Warm, in Color #9:
Next, some gorgeous Lisa Souza BFL in a color Lisa calls "Cwanberri", because that's how her grandson pronounces it:
And some gorgeous Leaf Pile:
And finally, some South Pacific:

I had hoped to find a scarf pin or two, but was just too distracted to focus on anything. I think next year, with the experience of my first Stitches already under my belt, I'll do better. But oh, my, it was FUN!

Comments

yarnivorous said…
It was fun! Too much fun! I shall have pics once I get organised.
What in the world are you going to do with Habu Wool Stainless Steel yarn?
I've had yarn that was scratchy, but what is this stuff?
Bells said…
Oh boy. I wish I could have gone too. What fun you had choosing gorgeous stuff.

Oh and welcome home!

Popular posts from this blog

In Memoriam

Lady of the Lake

First Post From Australia!