I'm a Knitting Tragic!

Do you want to know just how obsessive I am?  Since DH is away, guess who's indulging in an orgy of knitting time?  So, let's see just how bad things are at the moment.

Here's the most glorious beret I've ever knit, in Great Northern Yarns 100% Cashmere DK -- this will be a beret for my friend, K (you know who you are, Karine!) and its about half finished.  This yarn is SO soft and light, I think it's going to feel like wearing a kitten on your head!

The pattern is Porom, by Jared Flood, a design I've knit a couple of times before --  it's one of my all-time favorites.

Here are a couple more pics of the beret, in progress:


And I didn't post a pic of my friend A's finished Icarus.  Forgot to take a pic of it on her, but here it is blocking...the yarn is Bendigo Woollen Mills Luxury 8 Ply, a very fine micron Merino that is soft, silky-feeling and luscious:

But to know just how nutso I really am, this picture says it all...yes, there are two other watch caps on the needles, in various stages of completion.  The dark blue for Ross and the hot chocolate one for Greg.  Plus, there are four more skeins, also destined for hats that are promised to family and friends.  The two skeins of Blueberry on the right are that incredibly beautiful 70% Mink/30% Cashmere from Great Northern Yarns in the colorway Blueberry...can you believe two friends to whom I promised hats chose the same color?
I know my knitting friends will understand...compulsive knitter at work!  And I refuse to show you a picture of the closet where I'm storing all the OTHER yarns I have queued up for various projects.  You'll just have to wait and see...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leavin', on a Jet Pla...Jet Pla...Jet Pla...

Lady of the Lake

More Antique Quilt Tops