Friday, May 13, 2011

Woo-Hoo, the Cashmere Beret is Finished!

This was one of the most enjoyable projects I have EVER knit...the Great Northern Yarns cashmere was so soft, light and exquisite, and a perfect match for Jared Flood's wonderful Porom pattern.

As this DK weight yarn is a bit lighter than the usual DK, and I didn't want this to be too slouchy but more of a real beret, I used 3.5mm needles for the ribbing and 4mm for the rest.  Jared suggests knitting to about 6 or 6.5" before starting the crown decreases, but as it's pretty lacy and therefore quite stretchy, I decided to knit only to about 5" before starting the decreases to avoid having it be too floppy and stretched out.  Turned out to be absolutely perfect, in my opinion.

Here's another shot of it blocking:

Once it's dry, I'll try a modelled shot, and then I can deliver it to Karine!  Can't wait!

2 comments:

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh it is beautiful!

bellsknits.com said...

it's stunning Dianne! Just gorgeous! So very pretty!