Just Walking Around Weggis, Glorying in the Beauty Everywhere

Ross set off this morning to climb Mt. Rigi, once the early morning rainstorm had ended.  The morning was gloriously cool after the extreme heat of the past few days.  I haven't got trekking poles with me, and there isn't a sporting goods store in Weggis, so I'm limited to walking around the lake.  Luckily, there is nothing but beauty everywhere!



Couldn't resist this old barn, way up on the top of a hill...

 The gardens in Weggis are absolutely gorgeous.  The seven heat hasn't discouraged the blossoms!

 The architecture continues to enchant me, too.







 Decided a little bit of climbing wouldn't hurt, so I braved the streets going up the hill, though they are pretty darned steep.
 The glorious colors and textures in the gardens kept me going.



After the walk, which worked out to be just over 5 miles, I headed back to the hotel.  First time in the pool in about 15 years! After my 5-mile walk today, it felt really good.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lady of the Lake

Leavin', on a Jet Pla...Jet Pla...Jet Pla...

Settling In...Can Quilting Be Far Behind?