And Now, On To Real Life...

We are ensconced again at our condo in Bowral, NSW...just in time for winter to arrive.  In a real-life irony, I've barely been out of the condo since we arrived home, because it's been mostly rainy, windy and quite cold.  Just one of Mother Nature's little pranks, I guess.

So, I've finally gotten back to knitting the blue cowl I thought I'd finish during the quarantine in Sydney, and I'm making good progress.


I like this design because you pull it over your head like any cowl, but it hangs down in front like a triangular scarf.  Hard to leave it somewhere, when it's attached to your body...

This is the red one I wore on the plane flying home.  It worked very well to keep my neck warm, and to pull up over my face when I was ready to sleep.



Before we left California I had ordered yarn to make Andrea Mowry's The Weekender pullover while we were in quarantine, but the yarn didn't arrive in time.  The Covid-19 situation just has impacted shipping and delivery to a greater level than anticipated, I suppose.  Ah well, it will be waiting for me next time I'm in California.

I'm also planning on getting back to my hand-pieced Grandmother's Flower Garden Quilt, which has languished here in Australia while we've been away.  I DO hope to finish this in my lifetime, but why, oh why, did I ever think I could make a King Size GFG anyway?!!  And as you can see, the Log Cabin Quilt lying beneath the GFG is looking a bit the worse for wear...maybe it's time for another Log Cabin, too.  So many wonderful projects -- will I ever have time to complete them all?




I've also been contemplating a new table runner for our dining table, but with my sewing machine in California that doesn't seem practical.  Looking at the gorgeous quilts my blog and Facebook friends have been piecing is really getting my creative juices flowing.  Maybe being a bit housebound at the moment won't be a bad thing...

Meanwhile, once the weather clears and the temps moderate a bit, it will be time to start my walking regimen again.  And definitely NOT before time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lady of the Lake

Leavin', on a Jet Pla...Jet Pla...Jet Pla...

More Antique Quilt Tops